|Please click above for FAQ
Lead Safe Atlanta
Lead Hazard Control Grant Program
The purpose of the Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control (LHC) and the Lead Hazard Reduction (LHRD) grant programs is to identify and control lead-based paint hazards in eligible privately owned housing for rental or owner-occupants. The Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Grant program is the largest program in terms of dollar amount and number of grants. Both programs have a stellar track record across the country.
The City of Atlanta was awarded a 2.1 million Lead and Healthy Homes Grant to reduce lead hazards in the homes of children under six years of age.
Young children are especially in danger. Lead-based paint is the number one environmental hazard to children under age six. Serious and permanent effects of lead poisoning in children are:
- Learning and behavior problems
- Poor mental development
- Hearing problems
- Organ damage or kidney failure
- Brain damage
- High levels can even cause death
What can you do ?
- Was your Home built before 1978 ?
- Do you have children six or younger living in the home ?
- Is there visible damaged or peeling paint in the home, or outside play areas ?
- Do you meet Income Requirements ?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Lead Hazard Control Grant may be able to assist your family.
To apply for the Lead Safe Atlanta Program, click on the Link below for the Eligibility Checklist and all necessary forms.
Lead Safe Atlanta Application 2011